Tuesday, September 22, 2009

me, now.






i am annoyed because the internet at school is actually moving slower than the internet at my house. also because there is a mustard stain on my (new) black cardigan and i don't remember eating mustard. sketchy.



yesterday was a wonderful day because it was warm and i spent some of the afternoon in my front yard reading on a blanket, listening to music, and poppin grapes with my friend alice. i have missed sunglasses.
good news, sort of. steve does not have the swine flu. the doctor said it's a tonsil infection. i'm still skeptical because i have extensive experience with tonsil infections and never have i ever been the way he is. he hasn't really emerged from his room since, what. sunday night? poor guy. and yes, mother, i have been washing my hands.




you know those stupid little like myspace bumper stickers with their infinite wisdom? you know that one that says, "today is a gift, that's why they call it the present." yeah, you probably have it on a pillow somewhere.




i'm really bad at that. like, i am a forward thinker and a planner. i have spent my whole life thinking about what's next. in high school, it was belgium. in belgium, it was college. in college, it was new zealand. etc.


my family is coming for my birthday and for christmas. i haven't told you that yet have i? well, i am a pretty lucky girl. they'll get here the 15th of december and leave new years day. and i can't wait, i really think about it all the time. and i think that that's okay if that comfort gets you through the day sometimes. but they're going to be here december 15th whether i dwell on it or not. and i'm going to be back in texas before i know it whether i spend all my time day dreaming about it or not. (amount of school work has a direct correlation with amount of day dreaming, by the way). i have never been good at generally living in the now. maybe none of us are. but i'm trying. it's certainly easy when i'm doing some exciting new zealandy adventure thing, but it's having that attitude everyday that i need to work on. just a thought for the day.




also, it is my little brother's 18th birthday, hey trav! you don't read my blog but i still love you!




and i'm pretty sure that this dress was specifically made and designed for me. anyone want to donate 300 dollars to the "stuff i don't need but really do" fund? no? sigh.





photos from flickr and anthropologie

No comments: